Friday, December 14, 2007

PODCASTS = Invasion of the Time, Mind & Body Snatchers

I have really not enjoyed this exercise at all! Trying to navigate the three recommended podcast directories made me want to curl up inside a pod just to get away from them. I had to wade through lots of junk just to find what I was looking for - and then I could not readily get anything to play. I was finally able to locate some interesting feeds on Digg Podcasts. But it is a good thing that I could send them to my Bloglines account via the RSS button since I definitely do not have time to listen and/or watch them now. Does anyone actually have that kind of time?!!! Or maybe y'all are not really librarianpeople at all - perhaps YOUR body has been snatched and subsequently replaced by a librarianclone? Better take a good long look in the mirror when you get home...

I added http://digg.com/movies to my Newsreader. I must admit it has tons of great stuff for those of us who enjoy movies almost as much as books. But again, only Amy's pod-clone might actually have the time to page through them all, since there is no realistic method of sorting. However, I can see that an instructional or advisory library podcast could be effective - just not as much FUN for our customers as You Tube

No comments: