Thursday, November 1, 2007

Blogging about Technology


Real writers say you should write about what you know - and as the mother of two sons and two stepsons, what I know is waaaaaaay too much about video games. What I've always hated about them is that they are basically all alike, no matter what guise they are sold under. From Pacman to Grand Theft Auto, it's all about one thing: point and shoot. Some are less violent, some are more violent - but basically, all I see my sons doing during this television and/or computer screen time is pointing and shooting, with more or less blood per game.
However, all that changed when Guitar Hero came along! This is the best $100
bucks I ever spent. Now my sons are learning songs I danced to in high school and college; you just gotta love it. There is a swell article
about this wonderful revolution in several national newspapers this month, but columnist Cynthia Wahl says it alot better than I can.
Also check out this ALA tech blog on the very same subject. If we don't want to get left in the dust, BCL definitely needs more of what Deerfield Beach is doing right. My sons are waiting for ALL of our branches to stock good games like Guitar Hero! Maybe by the time Rock Band comes out later this month, we can actually put a HOLD upon it...

http://www.techsource.ala.org/blog/2007/10/coming-up-for-air-guitar.html

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: