Friday, November 16, 2007

Rolling my own with Rollyo

Okey-dokey, that's pretty cool. I was thinking that I could just visit all my regular Interlibrary Loan sites (one at a time, natch) to search for whatever I needed in the Resource Sharing community, but now I see how this one ILL search engine could be uber-convenient. My own little search engine - not too shabby! For example, today I had to draft a response to a Rumor Mill question regarding the price of an interlibrary loan. Since this is a secret more closely guarded than the whereabouts of the key to Ft. Knox, naturally I went to tons of ILL sites/databases to find the cold hard facts. Ha!!! If only I had rolled my own ROLLYO ILL Site earlier, I could have gone home on time! Plus, it was totally simple to boost the Rollbar up in Firefox, no sweat. Please feel free to try it, right here on the old blog - go on, put in some swingin' ILL terminology you've always been curious about... I'll bet you don't know what IFM is, do you? After all, don't inquiring minds want to know?




Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: