Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Schadenfreude of tagging, technorati, geeks & stars


I viewed the Geeks on Tour site but did not find the labeling aka tagging section real helpful on the HOW behind it. I found a more academically-minded cite site (sorry) entitled CITEULIKE. This organizes papers via tags; as an ILLer, it may help me locate some grey literature. Anyhow, you can see that I have tagged this post with LOTS of labels; also changed my blog settings so all labels appear as a separate sidebar as well as just beneath the body of the post.

I would rather not blog about a hobby (boring!) but I will just briefly mention the recent preponderance of celebrity Schadenfreude.
It seems that people are taking more and more pleasure in the misfortunes of others lately, especially current movie/pop stars. Don't you think that's sad & bad?! Anyhow, I hope someone comments on the many tags I chose for this post! I commented on another BCL staffer's labeling but looks like most are forgetting to assign tags to their posts.

I also got this semi-rant claimed via Technorati! Once I registered to CLAIM my Blog, I copied/inserted the necessary code in the Edit HTML screen - easy! Then I edited all my prior posts so that they would have the Technorati Faves icon, too.


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: